Recognition and Diagnostics of Engine Operation
- Measurements of 2 – stroke and 4 – stroke engines.
- Measurement always performed by our qualified measurement specialist.
- Quick collection of measurements.
- Vibration measurements in different positions (cylinder head inlet and exhaust valves, fuel pumps, cylinder walls, camshaft bearing and main bearings)
- Ultrasonic measurements in different positions for detection of gases leakage (cylinder head inlet and exhaust valves) and fuel leakage (Fuel pumps)
- Professional analysis of the results, precise indication of the place and type of the problem
- A feedback file containing recommendations to improve engine performance is prepared by a qualified analyst and sent
- Recommendation executed by the ship crew
- Control measurement to check whether the engine operation has improved after applied recomendations
- Reduction of maintenance costs and man-hours, preventive control over the engine
We offer measurement service, for reciprocating machines all over the world. Quick and accurate diagnosis of the engine performance. During service depending on the condictions, we are able to measure up to 4 machines in one day. Installation of the measuring system on the engine takes up to 10 – 15 minutes. Depending on the type of engine complete measurement takes up to 1 hour. /p>
The crankshaft position sensor is installed on the flywheel by our specialist. During the measurement, the engine should be loaded with at least 50% (but the more the better). The pressure sensor is mounted to the indicator cock, the indicated pressure is measured on each cylinder. Single measurement may take up to 10 minutes.
For High and Raw vibration measurements an accelerometer sensor is used. For each cylinder head, the vibration measurement is performed on the inlet and exhaust sides. This measurement determines whether the valves close at the proper moment and their condition. High and Raw measurements are also preformed on fuel pumps, injectors, cylinder walls, camshaft bearings and crankshaft main bearings.
The third measurment is the Ultrasonic measurement. It is performed with the help of an ultrasonic sensor. As in vibration measurements, ultrasonic measurement is performed for each cylinder head on the inlet and exhaust sides. Ultrasonic measurement is also performed on fuel pumps. This type of measurement can determine the leakage of gases or fuel.
During vibration and ultrasonic measurements, the measurement card is filled in, it contains all the essential values and data that can be recorded from the engine during its operation.
All necessary manuals, maintenance records, sea-trials reports, oil analysis, the measurement card, vibration and ultrasonic measurements are sent to a qualified professional analyst for further analysis.
Measurements combined with the analysis allow for a quick and accurate diagnosis of the engine performance. The results are compared with the engine sea-trial report. The feedback file prepared by the analyst contains recommendations to improve the engine performance is sent to Chief Engineer and recomendations are executed by the crew. To verify the improvement in the engine performance, a new measurement is need to be performed. If the problem no longer occurs, it means that our diagnosis was correct – the worki is finished.
The offered type of measurement and diagnosis is very effective and allows to accurately determine the place and type of the problem in the engine. This reduces the costs of maintenance and man-hours. This measurement can also be used in the form of prevention.